Chewing gum in your carpet is unsightly and can be difficult to remove if let for a long time.
I have found that the best method is Boiling Water. What won’t that wreck my carpet? Answer is no.
- You will need, jug of boiled water (be Careful) Towel, old butter knife (not serrated), paper towel, a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil
- pour small amount of boiled water onto the stain and slide the blunt knife under the gum when it has softened
- wipe old gum onto the paper towel
- pour a little more water on if gum is still visible and slide the knife under the gum
- wipe knife
- Use a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil to break the final bond
- agitate with the back of the knife
- rinse with hot water and use old towel to absorb the excess from the carpet
If in doubt leave a comment or call me